Included in our bike and barge tours
- trekking bicycle; frame size small /medium/large
- multi-lingual tour guide
- 7/10/17 days accomodation on board in a two person cabin with private facilities and lower beds
- air conditioned ship with individual climate control in the cabins
- bed linen and small & large towels
- daily cleaning service
- breakfast, packed lunch and 6/9/16 days a three course dinner
- coffe and tea on board during the day
- pannier bags and lock
- ferry fares on route
- harbour dues, fuel and tourist tax
What's not included:
- reservation costs € 30,00 per booking
- obligatory bike insurance € 15,00 per bike
- all other bikes ( sizes ) we dot not offer in our standard offer
- admission to attractions
- travel insurance
- dinner on the last night of the trip and in Peronne on the 18 days tours
- drinks on board
- Capacity: 16
- Length x Width: 39 x 5.3 meters
- 8 cabins each equipped with a private shower, toilet, and washbowl
- All cabins are furnished with two cupboards and equipped with central heating, air-conditioning, and 220V electricity with standard European plugs. Adaptors are not provided.
- All cabins have two beds with some also allowing for a third person. Beds are 31 cm high (12 inches) and 2 meters long and 0.8 meters wide and can be pushed together to form one double bed. Luggage should be able to fit under the bed, as storage space is limited in the cabins
- Helmets are available to rent for the week, €10 per person/week
- Basic laundry service available for €10 per load
- Two e-bikes are available per departure. Advanced reservation required.
Arrival & Departure: All our trips start at 02.00 PM and end on at 9.00 AM
Single cabin use: Bookings are based on two persons per cabin. If you would like a single cabin for one person use we need to charge 50% extra. If you are willing to share the cabin with another person (of the same sex) we will not charge you the extra 50%. The number of single cabins we can offer are limited.
How about the other quests: There is a maximum of 16 persons. They come from all over the world but mainly from Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand.
Cycling experience and general good physical condition are required: On all our tours guided or non guided you will participate at your own risk. We are not responsible for accidents during your bicycle trip. It is important that you have recent cycling experience on roads with traffic and with the distances mentioned in the tour.
The guided tour will follow the standard program. Depending on wind, weather, tide and availability of mooring places it is sometimes possible that the ship can drop you off at a point along the tour to shorten the daily cycle miles. After dropping you off the Elodie must continue to her destination to meet its schedule.
Meals & diets: We serve a variety of very good quality meals with fresh vegetables and fruits. Meat and fish are baked in oil and we have fresh home made desserts. Within reasonable limits our chef can prepare diet meals. We are very sorry but we can not accomodate vegan diets. The charge for extra preparations and/or ingredients will be € 5,- per person per day.Please make a note on the reservation form if you require a diet meal. We can not take any responsibility for diets that could cause serious health problems.
Can I make my own itinerary: Maps can be provided on board so you can make a longer route or visit some places especially of interest to you. The guide can help you make your own alternative route.
Can I bring my children: Not all our tours are suitable for children. We would strongly advise you to take a combination bicycle or tandem if you are in doubt of your child's ability to cycle the daily miles on their own bicycle. It is important your child can control the bike safely and keep up with the group.
Cancelation and refunds: We recommend to insure this risk at you local insurance agent. We reserve the right to cancel a trip if there are less than eight participants In this case we will suggest suitable alternatives if available. If the alternative is not to your satisfaction you will get a full refund of the amount you had already paid.
MEET OUR CREW
On the kick off we have made special for all the guests who are joining us on a tour this year a commercial to introduce ourselvesRead more